More information (links):
* Captron HeliCommand Configuration Software
* Helicopter Setups Downloads
The HC3-Xbase is another Flybarless-system within our X-Series with an interesting basic price, which opens everyone the access of going flybarless. This FBL-system is a basic variant of the HC3-Xtreme to control flybarless helicopters with H1/H3 120° linkage.
Because they are lighter, helicopter models without flybar are much more agile and maneuverable, and are approx. 15% more powerful. In combination with the HC3-Xbase, huge performance is delivered, without the need to adjust the fragile flybar mechanism.
The all-round precision is outstanding, whether it is the extremely dynamic maneuvers (F3N flying style), aerobatics (F3C), or hovering stability. All maneuvers are performed with directional stability, i.e. with no disruptive influences at all, and with maximum stopping performance. This is achieved with minimum need for adjustment thanks to the intelligent and optimized control algorithms.
By means of the latest-generation high-quality silicon MEMS gyros, the HC3-Xbase has full 3D capability, whilst boasting a top-quality, ultra-fast tail gyro. No external gyro is required. In addition, a symmetrical torque control unit is in place there.
The resultant further increase in retention force in the tail was possible because the tail gyro is internally coupled with the pitch data of the rotor head control unit.
Of course, the system is also suitable for flybarless scale helicopters (twin and multi-blade) as well as all other flybarless helicopters such as trainers, etc., H1 / H3 120° linkage. The system can also be used as a pure tail gyro, without the need of any additional accessories, especially if a new heli-project is planned, first using a flybar, later on switching to a flybarless head, the purchase of an external tail gyro is not necessary. The swash mixing is done by the HC3-Xbase, so even a simple transmitter can be used. In case you have a flybar-equipped head, simply set the Rigid gains in the PC software to "0", so the Rigid mode is disabled.
The HC3-Xbase can be used for helicopters with electric motors or nitro/combustion engines as well as turbine models.
All current analogue, digital and brushless servos are supported, including narrow-pulse servos (760ms) for the tail (e.g. Robbe-Futaba S 9251 and BLS 251). The Basic version includes the most frequently used swashplate type (H1/H3-120°), more swashplate types are available via online upgrades.
The HC3-Xbase can be upgraded online to a full functional HC3-Xtreme.
The CNC-milled aluminum casing and the high-quality design comfortably meet the current quality standards of major helicopter manufacturers. The highly compact construction and the flexible installation possibilities enable use in almost every helicopter.
- Set-up work is reduced to a minimum
- Clear separation of the sensitivity settings for the head and tail gyros via independent auxiliary channels
- Can be used as pure tail gyro without the need of additional accessories
- Direct USB connection for fast programming; the easy-to-use set-up software comes as standard
- The connecting cables between the receiver and HC3-XBase are plugged in on both sides
- Gold-plated circuit-board and the latest-generation MEMS gyros for all 3 axis
- The HC3-XBase features direct connection to new single-cabled receiver systems
- SP serial pulse/PWM output, Futaba FASST R6007SP, Futaba S-BUS and Spektrum/JR-Satellite receivers
- Motor/Throttle as well as a second channel for governor (lighting, landing gear) are available directly on the HC3-SX
- Made in Germany !
The HC3-XBase is equipped with a flash memory and can be updated to the latest software. System is open and can be software enhanced on helicopter at flying field at any time.
- Dimensions: 36mm x 34mm x 14mm
- Supply Voltage: 4 - 10V (2S-LiPo-compatible, min. 5.5V using Spektrum/JR satellites)
- Maximum Roll & Pitch Speed: 500°/s
- Maximum Tail Speed: 650°/s (typical)
- Servo Frame Rate: 55Hz (analogue)/220Hz (digital) selectable
- Tail Servo Output: 1,52ms/0,76ms (narrow pulse) selectable
- Maximum Servo Currents: 10A (continuous load)
- Weight: 18g (without cable loom)
- HC3-XBase including mounting pads
- Cable loom for receiver connection (90mm)
- USB-Stick including PC-Software (Win98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7) and comprehensive manual
- USB lead for direct connection to PC/Notebook